Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In my studio this morning

As it's such a glorious day here in Brissie, I thought I might take you on a little tour of my studio. It's where I spend a good part of each day, and it's where I blog, paint, relax, and sometimes escape to. Come on in!


 
I've got a little sitting area in here, where I can arrange works in progress on the wall, play around with colour schemes and textures, and arrange vignettes to my heart's content. It's also a nice, sunny space to relax with a magazine or two, and my family often come for a chat while I paint. Btw, I've shared some rather tragic before pics here if you're interested in all the gory details!



See that little snippet of pretty white overmantle mirror? I blogged about it here, and as you can see, I couldn't part with it! It will be going on the wall eventually, I just need to decide where.



In the opposite corner, are my large canvases. I have lots of works in progress, completed paintings, fresh canvases, my experiments (of which there are many!) and lots of different bits and pieces. There's also a newly-commissioned painting similar to this one, in its inital stages.
 
 

Whe I first started Driftwood Interiors, my gorgeous friend Suzi gave me this. Isn't it stunning? I absolutely love it, and it takes pride of place in this room, as a reminder of great friends and the wonderful support they've given me.
 


These are a few of my tools of trade, and at the moment, I'm loving this Windsor and Newton travel set, which I've been using to paint some of my watercolours. And as you can see, my trusty water tub has been well-used over the years!



Under the pretty white cover in the previous photo, is this. When I'm painting, I like to cover my tabletop with heavy cotton duck, and use it as a drop sheet/doodle pad/colour sampler etc. A friend of mine suggested cutting it and framing it as well, as an abstract!



I've popped a couple of my Sea Fan paintings in simple white frames, and hung them on the wall. I'm also using some different frames and styles, and will post pics as soon as they're finished. It helps me to look at the big picture (pardon the pun!) and how they'll appear in situ.



My rattan settee, which I gave a fresh coat of white paint (you can see the before here) is still with me too! My client went with an old silky oak day bed instead, so I happily kept it here. It's still not finished, as I haven't recovered the seat cushion, but for now it's covered in some summery Ralph Lauren loveliness.



Well that's about it - I hope you enjoyed the tour of my studio. As it's getting a little bit of a makeover shortly, with new storage and a few little extras, I'll keep you up to date with the progress as it evolves.

I must apologise for being a little awol on the blog scene lately. It's been so crazy around here at the moment, with so many painting orders to fill (thanks so much everyone, your support has been amazing!) and the ongoing design projects I'm already working on, that I've been so slack with commenting on all of your wonderful blogs. I have been visiting you all, but haven't had the time to comment, but I'll make sure I do better, I promise. Don't want to be the recipient of the 'Bad Blogger Award' now, do I?



38 comments:

  1. It is all so beautiful! What a lovely place to be inspired! Your paintings are wonderful and you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry i just love your studio,this is definitely what i have been craving for at the moment.i really love you blossom painting ..just divine i love it, enjoy your day lovely lady and its so good to her your busy painting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Am so happy to have discovered your artwork, refreshing, relaxing.
    Caron

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful studio you have!! Thank you so much for the tour! Good luck with all your orders, that is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come and live in your studio! I'm loving seeing all the things you're working on...it looks so calm and peaceful in there :) And that driftwood is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerri ...it was an absolute joy and honour stepping into your studio...filled with so much colour, beauty and inspiration...such a beautiful space in your home to create and escape...thanks so much for sharing...you truly are such a gifted artist :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your studio Kerri! I'm so jealous of your gorgeous space. I just wished I could step into those photos and have a sticky beak at your paintings and play with your brushes :)
    Thanks so much for the tour!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are very talented!
    love your art especially the one behind the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how cool! what a chilled out space! is that an ikea ribba frame you have the seafan in? looks fab! I also LOVE the driftwood! oh oh & that big geometric brown & black cushion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your studio, especially seeing all of your works of art. Oh to be that talented, it must be wonderful!!!! Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWWEEE, sooo beautiful. reminded me i have a piece or 2 of driftwood that i found on the weekend, must find a spot for them! Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tour Kerri, it looks like a happy tranquil place to be and I can see why you like it there. You have some great paintings too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. No that award would have to go to me first. I just can't keep up. What a beautiful work environment you have.. so serene. I would be so inspired working there.... and look at all your beautiful paintings... you are so talented! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO pretty! I love all the colors of the canvases....great space. :))))

    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a great space. I love the rattan settee, and think the fabric looks perfect as-is. The driftwood from your friend is beautiful; an amazing piece of natural sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautifil space. Great light. It shows in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely space. Light and fresh and so organised. Thanks, I enjoyed the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How I envy you having such a wonderful space! My easel is set up in a tiny corner of the family room and has to be shifted every time I do the ironing! ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
  19. so gorgeous - looks so serene and relaxing, you paintings are beautiful, i love the coral watercolour and your beach scenes x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely spot to paint and generally be creative. Thanks for sharing!
    I know what you mean about not being able to catch up on everyone's blogs. I feel so bad when I miis out on people's posts but the time just gets away from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous space Kerri! Love the white couch with all those pretty cushions! Your artwork looks so beautiful xx
    PS - I tagged you the other day in a blog game if you want to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous..I particularly love the painting hanging behind the sofa. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh to have a room to create that is detached from the main chaos of the house. Your room is beautiful and you are a very talented person. I think that driftwood from your friend is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks like a v.inspiring space to be in darl. very jealous!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank You kerri for inviting us into your creative space, it looks so peaceful, a great place to be inspired. Glad to see your sooo busy.
    congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous space to just be in Kerri:). I love so many of your paintings. And your sea fans look magnificent framed. I'm not surprised you are busy with orders:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, what a wonderful inspiring space - I love it. I'm a bit of a newbie to blogging, I'll have to browse your blog a bit more, it's gorgeous. X

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything looks so peaceful and calm, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your space and work are stunning! I'd love a piece for my new home!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the tour of your wonderful studio :-) All your canvases in the corner look beautiful, and love your framed sea fan watercolours.

    The piece of driftwood is fantastic!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Kerri, love your studio! ... I have one downstairs but I always feel like I'm away from everything ... don't know what! ... it just feels like that so inevitably end up bringing all my work upstairs and make a god awful mess over our dining table :-) ... I want to ask you where you get your lovely white frames from? ... I have been trying to find some nice , simple ones for some time... thanks, Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your studio is a very welcoming calm looking place. Your sea fans in blue are my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  33. THis is increadible, no wonder you are so talented you have the best space to let your creative energy flow!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  34. The painting above the couch is divine! It's all so seasidey -gorgeous and soothing! And I love the sculptural piece of driftwood.

    ReplyDelete
  35. OK..obviously Blogger doesn't like comments written at 3.30am (don't ask!)...so I will try AGAIN. Kerri, your studio is AMAZING!! What an amazing space for you to create in! No wonder your art is so beautiful:) I love the 9th pic with the Flora painting in it...it is still my very favourite:) Your coral watercolours are beautiful...I have planned one of your prints into the budget for next month :O Thanks for sharing your gorgeous studio with us all, Kerri:) Hugs to you lovely ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. I also love the painting over the couch + seas fans and wonder where I can look to purchase your work? Could you please let me know. Best, Sah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails