Monday, October 18, 2010

Some weekend painting time

Morning all. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, in spite of this ridiculous weather! Freezing winds, snow in some areas, but then today.....an absolutely beautiful Spring day. Crazy. Anyway, I had a great day yesterday, and managed to finish a couple of paintings. I've added another to my chinoiserie series..


 'chinoisere in green'

...and I also finished a commission for a lovely blog friend, whose favourite colour just happens to be hot pink! After a little research, I found many species of pink sea fans, but I think I might name this one myself:

'Euthora Magenta Martinus'

Wonder if you can figure out who this piece belongs to?

Btw, you can see more of my artwork on my Facebook page; here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Original-art-by-Kerri-Shipp

Have a great week everyone,


all artwork copyright Kerri Shipp 2010 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintings Kerri:). I especially love the pink sea fans. What a lovely way to spend your weekend. Personally I did housework and gardening- it's just not quite the same lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty paintings :-) The pink sea fan is great, and love the name :-)

    Kelly

    P.S. I just launched a new interior design blog. Hope you'll stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving your chinoiserie series! Not sure exactly what chinoiserie means(?) howevever the intricacy of the detail is just beautiful. ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my new blog :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are really superb. An inner artistic sense reflects in these picture_______

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails