Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bedroom Makeover Mark II...the saga



Cast your mind back about a month or so, and you might remember the makeover of my eldest daughter's room. Of course, things all and sundry have managed to slow things down to a snail's pace, but the painting is almost finished, and I'm now working on the fun stuff - all the details to be precise. In my travels, I came across this bed head, which I picked up for all of $15....score!






Now, I'm not sure whether we'll be using it in this room, as we're tossing up between this and a large painting. But for that price it was far too good to pass up, so we'll see. Either way, it will get a nice new cover, and I'm thinking how great it could look with new tufting, like this one by Bryn Alexandra:



...but as I'm rather partial to a print or two, I think it could look sensational like this:


gorgeousness courtesy Les Indiennes

But of course, every decent teaser has a little twist in the tail, and a few surprises, so let's just say I'll be doing my own take on this look. I'm really trying to get this done, but with things being so crazy busy lately, it may take a little while longer to pull it all together. 

Thank you too, for all your lovely comments, emails, (and orders!) on my paintings, and my new Etsy shop. You are wonderful. Can't say it enough.



11 comments:

  1. What a bargain for such a gorgeous bedhead:). Looking forward to seeing what fabric you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your find!! It's beautiful. Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerri, what a great score that bedhead is! Also well done on starting an etsy store... Are you going to put any of your drift series up? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw the photo on my google dashboard I thought it was a headstone!!! Thank goodness it's not! I love the headboards with the studding but I'm sure whatever you do will look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bedhead and what a bargain! It is so easy to get distracted from a project, there is always something else waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really look forward to seeing your take on the bedhead! Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a score! I can't wait to see what magic you come up with my friend. So, quicksticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the block print on that second bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see what you do! Those inspiration pictures are gorgeous and what a great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your ideas! We too are working on my daughters room. she has many ideas and it is slow go on getting it all together! I posted on her new bed and bedding recently. She love her new antique bed that I scored for half off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. is that your bed with the floral pillows? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails