Friday, October 29, 2010

My weekend project

I've been working on a little project for a while now, and as it involves quite a bit of mental concentration, I really need to be in the mood for it to work - at least, without much ranting, raving, and gnashing of teeth. In spite of really enjoying maths at school, I've come to realise that I have the kind of brain that trashes any sort of technical knowledge (quadratic equations and calculus anyone?) if not used frequently enough. Ask me for any sort of trivial fact, and it's no problem at all. Phone numbers of my primary school friends - easy. In fact, almost any phone number at all seems to be indelibly etched into my brain for some strange reason - but that's another story. Anyway, as my project involves much measuring and planning to look just perfect, I think I'll take my time, which, for me, is no mean feat. Patience is so not my strong point. So for now, you know what's coming - the dreaded teaser:






source unknown

via domino magazine courtesy houzz

So, that's my weekend. What do you have planned?


14 comments:

  1. I know we must be related.... I remember odd ball birthdays, old phone numbers, (even people that I haven't called in 10 years!) addresses - but ask me to add anything and my brain goes into total dyslexic mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me intrigued :) I have my little fundraiser morning tea for Breast Cancer tomorrow morning so I am hoping it will be a nice sunny day here in Perth. Enjoy your weekend Kerri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really bits & pieces weekend planned, with sport, parties, trip to the Snowy Mountains with only 1 child, ahhhh, car craft & dreaming of our Queenslander. All good family fun!!
    I love maths, did pure maths at Uni, patchwork & small business keeps me mathematical, i love it. Now my children are doing higher levels of maths, i've found my calling. Good luck, sending good equation vibes. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful blog! I love photo walls like you've shown here. I wanted one in the Fibro, but maths is definitely not my strong point. Fortunately for me, I live with a builder of Dutch extract (anyone say perfectionist?). I handed the whole project over to him and voila!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dreaded teaser!! Painting flooring with intricate patterns like above? Measuring hurts my head and I am not good at it! I can't wait to see what you are up to!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm what are you up too??? Can't wait to see...I'm afraid maths is not my strong point but I can keep focused...wishing you well on your project ...sure it will be fab! Kym X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading huge determination in this post my friend :) If you're doing what I think you're doing I look forward to the 'how to'! Have a fabulous weekend full of productivity. It's going to be a wet one here so perfect for stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving that huge fabulous mirror! Have a gorgeous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I read your post I can hear the words of my dear mother ringing in my ears - "Patience is a virtue - possess it if you can. Always in a woman - never in a man!"
    Can't fathom the "teaser"? Will just have to wait for the reveal.... Don't work too hard! ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... do tell please..!!

    Hoping you have a fab weekend.
    Thanks for this lovely inspiration parade. Gorgeous as usual!

    xx Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you about to paint zig-zags on your floor Kerri?!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maths??? No not my strong point.... I do all the finances at home so that could be a worry? lol. I wonder what you are up to and look forward to some more clues... Have fun! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I am sensing a stencilled rug or floor???? You are naughty teasing us like this Miss Kerri!! Cannot wait to see what you come up with my dear:) Hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far ~ Txx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kerri, Loving your blog, you are being very brave with the zig zags they have taken many a brave girl down :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails