Thursday, March 4, 2010

Decorating Dilemma!


Hi everyone

I have a new client who has spent the last five years slowly renovating a lovely old queenslander. She has great taste and our plan is to combine contemporary and vintage elements into the interiors. She found a photo of an old overmantle over at the lovely Anna Spiro's blog and sent it to me so I could source one for her. Here's Anna's pic



Now, my dilemma is this. These old overmantles are pretty hard to come by, particularly as we're looking to paint it white, so we don't want to pay big dollars for a professionally restored one. But it just so happens that I picked up one of these beauties just recently. Here she is:


 

See the lovely original mirrors? I'm not sure if you can see the detail in my photos, but they're all bevelled and quite lovely. And it's already white! Not much work needed to bring it back to gorgeous.


What to do, what to do? Do I pass this one one to my client, knowing it may be a while until I find another? Or do I keep looking for one for her? 

I think I'll keep mum about this until I have a thorough look around for another one. Just hope she's not reading this post!

Have a great week

Kerri x

p.s. here are some pics some of my other vintage pieces. You can never have too much eye candy after all!


3 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous, what a great look in the bathroom. Lovely to hear from you, look forward to seeing your renovations come together. I can be your first follower! We've been renovating since June last year but we haven't done anything structurally ourselves - just project managing, decorating etc,. Will catch up with you in Blogland soon..Rachaelx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment Rachael and thanks for being my first follower. Look forward to sharing our bloggy adventures!

    Kerri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri,
    I was charged $2,500 for this mirror and I've seen so many since for between $300 -$500. Add on $500 for a professional to paint it and you can see I was robbed!!
    But it is gorgeous, i have to admit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails