Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pony boy

I'm always on the lookout for unique pieces, those things that add charm and individuality to a room, reflecting your personality and style. These things can't be bought in one shopping trip; they need to be collected over time.The lovely Lauren over at Pure Style Home recently did a fantastic post on the topic of 'undecorated' spaces and her words really struck a cord.

I firmly believe every room should contain at least one unique or vintage piece. It needn't be expensive, or valuable, but the fact that it can't easily be bought by all and sundry is what makes it so special. Art made by your children, something collected or gathered on your travels, or a piece chosen just because you love it is what it's all about.

I loved this little pony as soon as I saw him. He once would have been an old rocking horse, but his handles and base are long gone. Regardless, he's just perfect and is the sort of piece you could add to a room for instant charm.






what a sweet little face!

Isn't he lovely?

I'm not sure where he'll end up, whether I'll keep him for myself or if he'll live with a new owner. But that's besides the point. I do know he'll add that special touch wherever he is.

Enjoy your day

Kerri x

5 comments:

  1. I love him so much! That is a really special piece. What a great post, it's given me some food for thought..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Kerri! What a special piece!
    I agree, every room needs at least one unique/sentimental piece.
    Janette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerri,
    I love that horse. I have an old rocking horse bought well before my kids were born, and still with me now that they're out on their own. There's something about them. Just discovered your blog...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you. I love having a fun, quirky piece for each room.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails