Thursday, March 25, 2010

They're finished...

...but not without a few hiccups! Here's the artwork I mentioned in my post on Tuesday.






I did have a huge small problem with these. When they were almost finished, I hung them together to check how they looked. That was when I saw it....



Aargh!! The canvases, in spite of being the same size, were in fact out by around 1cm. Now this does happen occasionally, and I'm usually really particular in checking this. But for some reason I didn't notice until it was far too late. After much teeth gnashing and a few choice words, I spent the next day painting another pink canvas.

all images Driftwood Interiors

Oh well, it's all done now and my client is thrilled, so I'm happy. And hey, now I have a canvas ready, I'll design another to go with it so it won't go to waste. 

Have a great day,

Kerri x




12 comments:

  1. Morning Kerri. You are one clever possum! You completely inspire me to want to get the paint brushes out again and give it a go. Not sure when that might happen of course between all this work, blogging and studying though! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kerri...WOW...they are just divine...love it love it...lol..about the hiccup...a very common occurrence with me and my DIY projects..lol
    What a fantastic job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello my beautiful...wow i love those....cherry blossoms rule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are most definitely talented bel artiste! Really, really beautiful work..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fabulous well done x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerri, these are absolutely gorgeous!! I am sorry you had to repaint onther canvas, but I love your attitude of looking on the bright side:) I bet your client is MORE than happy with the end result!! Beautiful ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! You are so talented :) There's a little award for you over at my blog. Please don't feel obliged to play along, just know that I have passed this award onto you because I enjoy your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kerri, I found your blog via Amanda @ Homely One. Your paintings look great, you are very talented and I love how your studio turned out! I am looking forward to following you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh Kerry, you are a star - I would have tossed everything aside & headed for the cocktail cabinet! The finished product looks gorgeous.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cherry Blossoms such a favorite of mine. Of course your client was thrilled, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stuning Kerri!!!!!
    I love them, cherry blossoms are so beautiful. You have such a talent! Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails