Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bedroom makeover





My youngest daughter has very definite ideas about how her bedroom should look. For her 7th birthday, she decided she wanted her walls painted pink. Not pastel pink, HOT pink. Every wall. After much aggravation discussion, we agreed that she should have one wall hot pink, the others white.

She loved her room for quite a few years, changing bedlinen, furniture and accessories daily often. I would arrive home to find she'd completely re-arranged everything. By herself. Dragging things if necessary. Determination is not something she lacks. Anyway, she announced one day she wanted a whole new look. White. Everything - walls, bedlinen, with a few silver/taupe accessories. To say I was surprised was an understatement. But I wasted no time organising to have her room repainted.

Here's the before (actually during) :


And here are a few of where we're at so far:




I love this photo - she was little five-year-old flower girl

We're still working on some things here. I'm painting some new artwork as we speak, and we need to replace the window coverings, but she loves it so everyone's happy. I should add that she plans on a career in interior design. Somehow I think she will do exactly as she says!

Enjoy the rest of your day

Kerri x

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Kellie. I love these lamps, the fabric is really lovely and translucent. We did buy others originally, but when my daughter saw these she stole them for herself!
    Kerri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours - I love the arrangement on the bedside table. Would love to see more of your daughter's room. I was wondering if she may be interesting in interior design as a career and then I read your last paragraph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story..she must have become over stimulated with the hot pink and needed the calm of neutrals! She definitely knows what she's doing..Have a great day..Rachaelx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments ladies. I'll post more pics of the room when I finish the artwork for above her bed. And Rachael, I think the hot pink did get a bit much, particularly in summer - the whole room positively glowed pink in the afternoons.
    K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kerri, thanks so much for coming over to my blog and commenting. I really appreciate it. Sad to hear your friend has a similar thing :(

    But glad you did comment because I would never have known about your lovely blog! Thanks you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds just like me when I was her age. I wonder what she will do one day..............Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, either an interior designer - or a removalist!
    K x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely vignette..love the colors; the future designer looks so cute in the picture. the pink color looks cute...cant wait to see the finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see a big future in interior design ahead for your lovely girl Kerri - she's a natural!
    millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails