Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Black + White = just right

Hi all,

I'm madly trying to finish some artwork for a client, so today I thought I'd take a few more snaps of my studio. Of course, as I'm in the middle of working the majority of the room looks as though it's been ransacked, but I managed to find a few corners that were still photo-worthy!

One of the things I enjoy most about what I do is being able to paint and decorate with colours I may not otherwise choose for myself. Some of my favourite jobs have been commissions where I've had set colours to work with and I've had to then design works to suit the space.

These black and white paintings were done for a styling job I worked on last year. I like to keep a stockpile so that when the need arises I can quickly pull a scheme together, without searching high and low for just the right piece.



this old linen press holds all of my art materials




a small part of my collection of vases and jugs


and some cushions to match

As much as I'd like to stay here and chat, I'm off to do some work. I'll be back tomorrow to show you what I've been up to. 

Enjoy the rest of your day,
Kerri xx

all images by Driftwood Interiors

10 comments:

  1. Kerri this looks like an amazing place to work! And as I have a black and white bedroom I can only agree that b&w=right! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful studio and I love that black and white print! How talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely spot to work. A happy place. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely spot!! The cushion in the front of your first pic is beautiful and I love the piece on your easel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place to work in Kerri! It is so calm, peaceful and light! I love your cupboard and your jug collection - just gorgeous:) ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those black and white pics. They could work anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love that gate in the hedge..Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! That gate is so special . Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love that gate in the hedge..Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails