Monday, March 15, 2010

The big reveal...part 1

Morning all,

Before I unveil the first of the paintings I mentioned here, I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who popped in to my blog and for all your lovely comments - you've made my week! This little bloggy community is so encouraging and supportive and I sincerely appreciate those of you who took the time to visit and drop me a line.

Ok, so here's the first look at the paintings for my young client's room. There will be two more to be added to this triptych, but this is the first.




Here it's previewed in my daughter's room - it has the best light

With these paintings, I wanted to achieve an aged, vintage look, so the background is heavily textured, almost like old plaster. I always try to add texture and movement into my backgrounds, as I find it adds that extra dimension. We've used a cherry blossom pattern, using the de Gournay wallpaper as inspiration, but as these works will be in a child's room, I wanted to keep it looking young and fresh, and a little less 'perfect'.

There's lots more to add to this room, including soft furnishings, window coverings, lamps and accessories, and I'm enjoying every minute of it!


We're doing white roman shades trimmed with pretty ribbon...


like this


...similar to these (imagine with a pink trim)...

image from here

...and lots and lots of other goodies.

I  have a few other tricks up my sleeve for this room re-do. Let's just say that the artwork arrangement won't be quite what you'd expect. Intrigued? Curious? That's the plan! Tip..there was a little hint in my original post.

I'll show you some more of this little project soon, I promise.  I'm having too much fun for it to be over just yet!

Happy Monday,

Kerri x








12 comments:

  1. Just discovered your beautiful blog! I'm an amateur painter and have thought of doing some paintings for my daughter's room. These paintings are very inspirational - love cherry blossoms. Can't wait to see the rest of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri, that looks fantastic! Really lovely. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the paintings and the beautiful colours used. Thanks so much for dropping by Beach Vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Your daughter is lucky to have such an artistic mum. Her room is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see more. Oh, and thank you so much for your lovely comment on A-M's blog! Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! And the colours are really in right now. I love it. Can't wait to see the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks so much everyone, you guys are too sweet!
    K x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just delightful - you are so talented Kerri!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful colour choices! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous artwork Kerri...love the colours! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh lovely!! Gorgeous colours - you are very talented. Can't wait to see more... x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love this gorgeous painting - I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful artwork. Leigh

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails