Friday, March 12, 2010

Paint it Pretty



image courtesy australian home beautiful magazine

 
The latest issue of Australian Home Beautiful arrived in my letter box this morning, and I just had to post this image. It's a pretty combination of modern elements and vintage pieces, with the addition of this hand-painted floor.

You can achieve this look without going to the effort and expense of painting your floor. I've often painted canvas floor rugs to give a similar look without committing to something so permanent. They look great in kids rooms, they're sealed so they're tough and washable, and can be stored away when you feel like a change. And even better, you can keep them to pass down to the next generation.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll be back in the next few days with the finished artwork I mentioned in my previous post. Stay tuned!



Kerri x

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I LOVE it! What a beautiful idea. I'm going out to get my copy of Home Beautiful. If only I could paint like you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri, I think you may have just solved my big rug dilemma. Thanks! Can I trouble you with a couple of questions?

    (1) What sort of canvas is best to use? And how thick does it need to be?

    (3) How many coats of acrylic would you paint over the top of the design?

    Abby

    PS. Hope you have a lovely, relaxing, sport-free Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby
    I always use artists' canvas, the thicker the better. And you should seal it with at least three coats of sealer/varnish to make it as durable as possible. Oh, and never store it folded, as it will crease.
    Thanks for popping in to my blog,
    Enjoy your weekend too,
    Kerri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous floor!! I wouldn't want to walk on it!! :) Have a fabulous weekend creating your artwork - I'll look forward to seeing the end result x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cannot help but fall inlove with a room that is a mix of old and new..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well aren't you just the sweetest. thanks for the comments. i am loving your blog now too!!!
    this room is fantastic. i wish that magazine would come to my mailbox :( lucky girl!

    show me some of that artwork!!!!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this room... so serene... i have been wanting those ghost chairs forever!
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails