Thursday, February 3, 2011

My home office....plus a new painting

Remember a while ago, when I mentioned I was working on my home office? Well, there's been progress. The desk has arrived (which is actually an interim option, but that's another story) and I've started to gather some bits and bobs to pretty up the space. Take a look:

What's that you say? Why yes, that is a new painting you see there! 
It's the latest in that delicious denim blue, my current favourite colour.



Yep, terrible pic, I know, but you get the idea.


Camera batteries died mid photo shoot :( This painting is the same blue as Sea Coral in Denim (even though it doesn't look like it) 


Yep, that's the original Sea Coral in Denim, all framed up.


'Sea Fern III in Denim'
watercolour on paper, 210mm x 290mm

I've just finished this painting, and prints have just been listed over at my Etsy shop
I'm quite smitten with this colour actually, and all of my sea fan/coral prints will soon be available in this lovely denim blue....not to mention the on-trend favourite, honeysuckle pink, and more.

Oh, and btw, next on the list is supersized artwork! A very savvy someone (I'll spill the beans soon on just who that someone is!) suggested going large for these works, so who am I to argue? Stay tuned for paintings that will definitely make a statement - I'm talking 1-2 metres square here. Can't wait to show you!

19 comments:

  1. Kerri I have always loved these wonderful works of art!! The denim blue is gorgeous! I am really excited to see in larger format!

    I bet the new pink will be great as well

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and we can't wait to see them!!!
    I have a birthday coming up. I'll let hubby know about your etsy store :o)
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see those larger paintings. Yes, that denim blue is lovely.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That denim colour is to die for especially offset with the vase and pencil holder... Such style. Can't wait for the next project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. That denim blue is one of my very favourite colours too. The big prints sound very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the denim colour and also really like the idea of super big images - what a statement. I'll be looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this piece Kerri - such a gorgeous blue. I'm really looking forward to seeing your large scale pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An office AND a studio...you are an overachiever :) Actually I have both too, except the 22 year old lives in the studio...now when is he leaving!! Love that denim colour...seriously lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Kerri...what a beautiful collection and I am really intrigued by your mention of 'going large'...your work would look spectacular in a large canvas format. This is very exciting, I can't wait to read all about it:)

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerri ..these are fabulous..and would look amazing in a larger scale...cannot wait to see them when done...good skills lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the denim blue, just such a lovely ink. Larger works sound like a great idea- beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your week. Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, and I'm really looking forward to seeing some super sized artwork.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That painting looks so beautiful! It goes so well with those jars beside it! Enjoy the lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it Kerri & i will be keen to see some large sizes, your such a talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kerri: I love your art work, really lovely and who can resist blue and white??? one of my all time fave combos!! :0

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely, light touch... adore the delicacy of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Kerri,
    I must apologise for not commenting for a while.....I just can't seem to get around to everyone and I think that you slipped under the radar!!
    Your paintings are beautiful.....I especially like the framed Sea Coral in denim.
    .... and, many, many thanks for your lovely comment and birthday wishes.......I didn't know whether to tell everyone that I was 60 as I thought that people wouldn't want to visit the blog of an old fogey !!!! haha
    Have a great weekend. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's lovely Kerri, you must be enjoying your own space so much. The big artworks sound wonderful, very exciting! Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice to have a lovely working space xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails