Monday, May 30, 2011

Pavilion Style Beach House


I'm still in the planning stages for our new house design, and one style I keep coming back to over and over is a series of pavilions. It makes perfect sense for our climate - hot, humid summers, and mild winters. We have the space, and I'd love to wrap the house around the pool, so when I saw this house in Noosa, it ticked all the boxes.





 Hmm, pity we've just given our pool an overhaul..I'm liking those steps - very clever


 Not exactly my style furnishing-wise, but the wide-plank timber floors are divine

 LOVE the pivot louvred doors...one for the files for sure

 ...and another must-have are those clerestory windows...perfect for Queenlsand summers

 ok, so ignore the artwork, but I love the way the house wraps around the pool...and I love the Pandanus tree in the middle of the deck too.





So, my plan is slowly but surely taking shape. I like quite a few different styles, and I'm aiming to blend some of them together into a cohesive design. It's like putting together a great big jigsaw puzzle, adding pieces as I go. My biggest dilemma - not being sidetracked by all the fantastic options out there.

I'll be back tomorrow with a new painting that's just about to be listed in my Etsy shop. There'll be a little preview on Facebook later today if you just can't wait until then..... :)



all images courtesy realestate.com.au

21 comments:

  1. Oh Kerri - it's divine! The house is just perfect for our temperate Aussie climate and outdoor lifestyle. Pavilion style is the way to go - centred around that amazing pool. Once you bathe it in your signature blue and white it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my dream house!! Incredibly beautiful, and functional for our climate. It just flows. Good energy in this place - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the idea of a house that wraps around the pool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very exciting to be planning a new home to build. I still have atleast one more in me I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. W.O.W. I love that pavilion style too, it reminds me of that house of Maggie T's the one with the frangipani tree near the open doors and pool, so beautiful!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that place looks like a resort! Lovely feel and if you can grab some of that, it will be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Kerri and I can see a theme coming together in your posts. Now just to get it down on paper. Find a good architect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these rooms are so fresh and airy - just gorgeous! I love the living room with the raised ceiling - so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how gloriously livable! I have always been curious though - knowing the drenching rain you get up there, are louvres water-tight? I would hate to soak beautiful wood floors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is one special house, I love the openness to the pool area!! Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous! lovely blog :)

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a wonderful design Kerri. Love the way the whole house opens onto the pool area, and the louvered doors are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This pool is divine - ticks so boxes for today's lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know! Weird isn't it! I've always noted on your posts that you have many of the same things. So nice to find a kindred spirit - and one with superior taste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful hose - modern, beautiful and near the beach! lovely greetings

    ReplyDelete
  16. The comments is playing up! I just wrote a big comment and now it's lost :(
    In a nut shell: It is a perfect design for our climate, Shutters give an amazing feel., so do pandanus.- if you want any cheap let me know.
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Agree - not loving the furnishings so much but DO love the beautiful open spaces!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so loving the courtyard situation. Pool in the center makes so much sense. Very serene. I'm beginning to think that homes in Australia are much more open to the outside than most modern homes here in the US. I hardly ever see those fabulous accordion folding doors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you like pavilions, have a look at the homes managed by Executive Retreats, particularly Bali Hai. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI
    I'm quite pleased with the ifonrmation in this post.nice and useful!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails