Friday, November 26, 2010

Pool party anyone?

And so it begins....the renovation of our pool, that is! Our pool has been looking more like a swamp than an oasis of late, and that's because it's way overdue for a complete overhaul. And after the recent floods we've had here, we had the added problem of dirt and debris washing in from the back yard. I will post some revolting before pics once it's all nice and pretty again, but as it's just too horrendous to show at the moment I'll spare you until it's all finished. Of course, I have a file full of inspiration photos, and here are a few of my faves.

This pool is very similar to ours actually, and I'm thinking a little pool house would be just the thing to finish it off 








One thing I do have to decide is what colour waterline tiles to use. As we live in a bushland area, I won't use anything too bright or vibrant (so turquoise and aqua are out, unfortunately), as it just won't suit the surrounds. I've also been following the building of Shannon Fricke's new pool, and I know she'll come up with something fabulous to suit her country setting. I'll keep you up-to-date with all the goings on as the renovation progresses. 

Happy Friday everyone,


10 comments:

  1. Hi Kerri,

    We had the same dilemma with out pool, it looked like a swamp. Now its crystal clear thanks to my husband painstakingly cleaning it day after day! Have fun choosing tiles! Mimi xx P.S. I just love those Summer Houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very exciting Kerri! Will you have it all ready to enjoy in summer? that first image is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kerri, I can see the direction you are going towards and it will look wonderful. Living in the states we are having cold weather I forget you are in your Spring season right now. I am sure your pool will look wonderful,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, its just rough seeing pictures like this when winter is starting here. I didn't want summer to end. Sigh. Ah well. Your pool pics are so refreshing to look at. I can't wait to see what you do, and I love the idea of the little pool house. Jillian at thevirginiahouse.blogspot.com just redid a shed into a pool house and it is awesome! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou so much for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I hope I can inspire you as your blog has been a constant source of inspiration for me! Good luck with the renovations, it's going to look great! ps { that floor rug on the wall looks fabulous!}

    ReplyDelete
  6. All kinds of wonderful inspiration there, deciding which way to go can be half the fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. too perfect
    Have a great weekend Kerri
    X
    V

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your pool area makeover - I adore that first image but would be more than happy to be relaxing in any of those gorgeous settings. HOpe you're having a lovely weekend Kerri x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll definitely be following this project! I'd love to give our pool area a makeover and get rid of the apricot pavers, but it's low on the list of priorities..I'm going to try to squeeze in a very small pool house too..I'll have a look at Shannon's, thanks for the link. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pool house will be perfect for cocktail sipping... enjoy the process & the rewards.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails