Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Chaos Theory

Those who know me well also know that I can be hugely a little on the messy side, especially when I'm working on a new painting. And to make matters worse, after a while, I find it impossible to ignore the chaos. That's exactly what's happened this week. I've had quite a few ideas for new artwork, but I just can't manage to get going on it when my studio looks like it's been ransacked. So yesterday, I spent a few hours tidying up, and while I still have a few things to take care of (like organising my tax return paperwork - argh!) it's looking much better, and already I'm feeling clearer and more focused. While I'm honest enough to realise I'll never be capable of keeping a fastidiously tidy studio, it doesn't stop me from being smitten when I spy lovely examples of serene (and tidy!) work spaces. And if said workspace happens to overlook a stunning garden (and maybe a pool?) then who am I to argue?



Maggie Tabberer's barn in the Southern Highlands


 
Avalon stunner via realestate.com.au


source unknown


source unknown


Would it be too greedy to want this next one just a little bigger? Probably, but hey, this is my fantasy studio, so I'm going to upsize my order.





Inspired yet? I am!

Ok, back to work for me. Have a great day everyone,


12 comments:

  1. Oooo, yes please!!!!! Order one for me too while your at it please Kerri!
    And thank you so much for your tips and encoragement yesterday on my Roman Blinds, I'm so glad you've made it sound easy, I'm a lot less daunted now. Have a lovely day,
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not greedy Kerri! My dream house has a pool house/guest house and studio overlooking the pool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry to say Kerri though I must admit I'm a bit of a neat freak! I can totally hear what you're saying about cleaner sourroundings = clearer mind though. I love looking at beautiful cluttered spaces, like endless messy bookshelves and cabinets filled with knick-knacks though I can't seem to manage to live with clutter in my own home. Your pics are gorgeous.
    Kristine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'd get any work done in such pretty rooms with stunning outdoor surroundings :)
    ps I'm seriously messy too but hardly ever get the inclination to tidy up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are on the same wavelength today! I needed some of your inspirations shots, especially that last one for some ideas on how to decorate the study. I have a blue and white striped pelmet to use so I was thinking plantation. You have done well thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Very inspired. And so many pools to remind us cold frogs in Melbourne just how far away summer feels right now! Thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog. I really appreciate the feedback.
    X Briohny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE a studio to keep only my art and photography stuff, where I didn't have to tidy up every day, where I could lounge and think and be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was thinking that was maggie t's place. gorgeous collection! jxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely inspired...and loving this round up! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All such lovely images - I'd be happy to work in any of those gorgeous spots :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Studio space? I would really like that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails