Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Art attack

Firstly I wanted to thank everyone for your get-well wishes - you guys are so sweet. I'm feeling much better today, and I'm sure those couple of lazy days doing absolutely nothing have helped no end. So while I've quite enjoyed kicking back, watching dvds and catching up on reading, I do find it quite frustrating not to be working on my cabinet makeover - especially when it's sitting right in front of me! That's been set aside for when I can muster the energy, so in the meantime my thoughts have turned to painting.

When it comes to my art, I probably have enough ideas to last a lifetime. This week has been great for giving me time to plan, refocus and potter around my studio - I've cleaned and tidied my desk (which was no mean feat!), finished a couple of orders, and started to pull together some bits and pieces for my next piece. I've also organised to frame this work my youngest daughter did at school recently:



I love it, and the fact that she designed the whole thing herself is pretty impressive I think. Once it's framed, I'll hang it in my studio, alongside some other masterpieces by my older two.

Right, now that I've spent most of this post bragging, I'll show you a few of the things I'll be using in some of my own works. I'm always on the lookout for really diverse bits and pieces, and my plan is to incorporate them into some mixed-media works that will soon be for sale.


Japanese paper, wood blocks, hand-made parchment, jute twine...mmm




I'm really keen to get started, so I'll catch you all soon!

17 comments:

  1. glad you are feeling a bit better :) So lovely to have a project to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That artwork of your daughters is just amazing. I love it. Can't wait to see some more of your pieces too Kerri.
    Kristine
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! It's worth bragging about! It looks wonderful Good old Lino prints!I still have the scar on my hand from doing mine at school! Glad you're feeling better.
    X Briohny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kerri, certainly sounds like your on the mend, your bursting with creativity, a rest can do wonders for the body & the mind. I love your daughters art work, she must have inhereted your talent. Have a lovely day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry very excited to see your new adventures in art!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter's print is gorgeous! It will be wonderful framed and on the wall and no doubt will spur on ther creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That girl of yours has serious talent like her mum! Can't wait to see what you're going to create...I've been pulling out honeysuckle vine today and helping a friend move house...so much for a creative day off!! So glad you're feeling better my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling better Kerri. Can't wait to see what you do with the tabs and wood block!
    Have a lovely evening hun!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter's artwork is fantastic - I think she definitely has her mum's artistic flair. How lovely to have had some time to potter around and organize your studio and glad to hear you're feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kerry, I love the artwork by your daughter, the talent obviously runs in the family and why not brag!!! Isn't that what Mums do about their kids? You have some interesting media there and I wonder what you will do with it all.... Glad you are feeling better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see your feeling much better....a rest and some panadol is my mums motto and she works in a hospital with her own germaphobe issues.....I digress...Love the Japanese paper and wood block pattern...Can't wait to see the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad that you are feeling better Kerri. Your daughter is very talented, her artwork is lovely! I am looking forward to seeing more of yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a talented little lady you have! I'd be happy to frame that in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're feeling a bit better. Enjoy working on your new projects. Your daughters art is amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. it is in the genes definitely!! take good care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Talented like her mother! Sometimes I've found we have to step away from things and come back with fresh eyes anyway. Even if it wasn't planned!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails