Monday, April 19, 2010

DIY update

Morning all,

Just a quick update this morning on my little weekend DIY project. After much indecision deliberation, I went with my first thought and decided to paint my little setting white (thanks so much to everyone for your advice). These chairs are actually part of a set, along with a two-seater, and that's what I've painted so far. It looks fantastic and I'm really pleased with it.

Now before I show you the final result, I need to recover the seat cushion. I'm loving all things ikat right now, due in no small part to all the irresistible eye candy Louise has gathered over at Table Tonic. So many lovelies to choose from, and by sticking with white I can change the cushions whenever I like for a whole new look. Take a peek:








if you haven't already, go check out Louise's beautiful Table Tonic blog - you'll be so glad you did!


are you feeling it? I love this look over at Made By Girl


love this one too from greenwithglamour.com


Or how about these - it's hard to go past uncle Ralph Lauren for seriously beautiful fabrics - and these are suitable for outdoor use too - perfect.



above all from Ralph Lauren


source unknown - sorry!

from Thibaut

There was method in my madness in going white, but I must say it was a tough decision not to go all out in the colour department. But there are the two single chairs still to paint, so who knows what I'll decide for those.
I'll post all the pics once it's all finished and looking pretty.

Have a great week everyone, 

11 comments:

  1. Such luscious patterns and colors on those pillows! But for some reason, the paisleys speak to me...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they're all so bright and colourful. I'm a bit of a sucker for the old Ralph... classic and timeless. Well done on completing your paint job with great success! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I'm loving Ikat at the moment too, love the pink one and have been thinking about it for my lounge but Ralph is timeless and when Ikat becomes 'sooooo 2010' your RL will still look classic and beautiful. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the red Ralph Lauren paisley fabric - GORGEOUS!!!! ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello bloss...stealing a little time out from the mountain sight seeing to see what you're up to. Can't wait to see those chairs all gussied up. I'm really liking the Ralph Lauren fabric...so detailed, and elegant all at once. I just know that whatever you do will be super fabulous. kxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm spending the day tomorrow hunting for fabrics to recover my sofa, you have me very inspired x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the Ralph Lauren choices, so stylish xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the green with glamour one - that's so pretty! julesx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was late to the game with my color suggestion (sorry - crazy week and weekend!) so hopefully this comment will be timely! How about a solid for the cushion - even white, black or dark grey, and one of those INCREDIBLE RL fabrics for the toss cushions. LOVE those!! Marija

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wauw so many inspirational visuals and YES Table Tonic's shop rocks! xox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails