Monday, November 14, 2011

Ali's gorgeous home (and my art!) in Australian Home Beautiful

One of the best things about blogging is connecting with lovely readers like Ali. Earlier this year, I sent some original paintings her way; she was adding the finishing touches to her new home in the NSW Southern Highlands - one of the loveliest places on earth. And what a beautiful home it is. Featured on The House of Turquoise blog, and now in the latest issue of Australian Home Beautiful,  I was thrilled when she contacted me to commission some original watercolours. Ali chose my Sea Coral in Ruby, and Sea Fan in Ruby to complement the lovely grey/blue in her bathroom....













Sea Coral in Ruby - in a floating frame to highlight the wall colour 
and Sea Fan in Ruby - available in my Etsy shop

...and I think it works beautifully.

A home as gorgeous as this was bound to attract attention, so it came as little surprise when Ali told me it was to be featured in Home Beautiful magazine. It was quite an impatient wait - the photo shoot took place early this year - but when you see the results I think you'll agree it was totally worth it.



the lovely Ali outside her equally lovely home...divine











Ali and her family have since moved on, and are enjoying an extended trip around Australia. But I'm guessing there'll be another beautiful home on the horizon when she returns...and I can't wait! Oh, and btw - Ali's sister Mel is of Georgica Pond fame - style obviously runs in the family.

Thanks so much Ali for the mention, and thanks too, Home Beautiful magazine - so chuffed!





images courtesy Ali, Home Beautiful magazine, and realestate.com.au

20 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Bravo, Kerri, for some more totally deserved affirmation. My copy just arrived in my letterbox - time to scoot over and find your pretties ☺. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful home! Your artwork really gives the space "a kick" and I really like the frames as well....

    Natasha
    Northern Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kerri, as a very happy owner of some of your artwork I can understand why it works so beautifully in Ali's home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual your art is lovely and I love the idea of the beautiful floating frames. How honourable that you art graces the walls of such a stunning home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! Very Inspiring I am in the midst of a renovation and these photos are very helpful for some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful home, thank you for sharing and congratulations on another magazine appearance for your art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! How exciting :) boy, that is one massive(and very nice) home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really interesting connection - there are similarities in the sister's style aren't there? A lovely home - and your wonderfully rich red artwork is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures look just beautiful Kerri, and the floating frames suit them well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful home! Your watercolours are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations, what wonderful promo for you, and what a stunning home. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your pictures. That is kitchen is uber cool! Wonder where the bar stools come from...

    Best, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Your paintings look wonderful and what a stunning home! I'm a huge fan of yours, I even have three of your coral prints in my home here in NZ and I love them! x K

    ReplyDelete
  14. That home is flawless, love the bathroom.
    Sar x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Kerri, to be featured in Home Beautiful is and amazing triumph. I hope you celebrated with bubbly. The house is gorgeous and your prints just pop in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, congratulations Kerri. I thought I recognised that house from somewhere and then you mentioned Mel which is where I saw it. Just lovely! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Worth the wait Kerri! They look totally cool in the bathroom- well done! The floating frame was a really great idea wasn't it. Great house! lovT

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the paintings in floating frames -perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Kerri...they are gorgeous and the perfect touch for her bathroom. Great job and congrats on the wonderful mention!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Kerri, having your work displayed in another gorgeous home & featured in most aussies fav home mag!! I love your prints in the floating frame, such a versatile idea!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails