Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hello and Welcome!


So...my first post! I guess the best place to start is where my interest in interior design all began - poring over photos of beautiful houses.

For years I've stalked magazines and real estate websites in search of gorgeous homes to save in my "inspiration" file. Although many of these houses are a little on the expensive side, we can all steal ideas and snippets of their style to adapt to our own designs. We may not all live in upmarket beach houses, stately Queenslanders or heritage-listed period homes, but they all, in my opinion, have some key points in common. For me, these homes are elegant and relaxed, all feature natural materials such as stone and timber, and all exude a natural charm. 

Here are a few lovelies I've saved over the years: 
 
Images all realestate.com.au

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kerri, thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. Am glad to have discovered yours now. I absolutely adore that first home you've shown - has such character! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, it's just too beautiful, isn't it? It's actually Collette Dinnigan's new home, in Paddington, Sydney. You really can't go past a sandstone cottage for character, can you?

    Thanks for your comment, I've added you to my blogroll so I don't miss a post!

    Kerri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have very very similar taste. Yet I am on the other side of the world. I have told my husband we must plan a trip to see your world. Lovely blog. I'll be looking forward to your future posts.
    I hope you've had a wonderful weekend.
    AK

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great pictures. I love the house with the picket fence and the lush green garden.
    http://livinginbeautyandcomfort.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails