Wednesday, December 12, 2012

So, what do you think?

So the colour of the year for 2013 is Emerald Green, according to Pantone. I was quite surprised actually, as the early money was on Monaco Blue - and as you know, it's one of my favourites. But I have to say, I do love Emerald - it's strong and distinctive and not for the feint-hearted. Used wisely, it's a show-stopper. Used not-so-wisely, it's a hot mess. So I hope you think my new range of emerald sea corals is firmly in the first category....



I've put together some pics to show how lovely emerald can look. For me, I like it best when used as a pop of colour - the supporting act rather than the lead. A little can go a long way, but if you're game, it can really pay off - as the following pics show...

How gorgeous is this emerald chinoiserie wallpaper? It's in the home of the lovely Dagny of Scandinavian Chic, and I was smitten the minute I saw it. It's the perfect solution if you're a little scared of colour - a smaller space, away from the main living area is a great place to test the waters....



If you want to make a softer statement, try pairing it with soft tones of greens and blues - it lessens the impact and is soothing rather than strong...


Here, the island is the stand-out, with the green repeated in the wallpaper pattern for a cohesive look...


I love emerald with a grey background - it takes it down a notch yet still packs a punch. Although these tufted bedheads are not quite emerald, they'd work just as well if they were, and I love the pops of jewel colours in the room - the perfect accompaniment....


Nothing like a making a dramatic entrance - this sets the tone from the get-go....


So, what do you say? Are you a fan of Emerald, or do you think Pantone totally missed the mark? Love to know what you think......

Kerri

10 comments:

  1. I do love it....check out Country Style magazine....beautiful Emerald Green walls, very bold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Emerald Green is an interesting choice. I could actually find a place for it in my home, unlike Tangerine.... But what I really want is to be on the committee that gets to decide this every year! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While the examples are a little bold for my taste, I absolutely love your Oceana Series! They are stunning and it works so well with the white backgrounds. They are the perfect pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Love it, and I love the wallpaper in the second image. That kitchen was more than a bit awesome too....good finds Kerri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour, love your latest series of work.
    have a great week,
    Daryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your corals are showstopping indeed - just love ours and can't wait to see them hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your sea corals are beautiful.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great.
    I love the crisp colour against the white back ground.
    Mekaela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a fan of all greens. And i think it was obvious that green was going to be the colour of 2013. Emerald green is a bit more aristocratic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love almost all greens but the emerald is a bit too strong for me, prefer a bit of teal. Your Oceana series is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails