Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back in Blogland again

I must apologize for my absence over the past week or so. Personally, I've found it really hard to post about pretty houses when so many Queenslanders have tragically lost theirs. My heart just hasn't been in it, so instead I've tried to focus on ways to help. Last weekend, my sister, daughter and I spent some time out at Old Dog Farm, an animal refuge that specializes in re-homing dogs, particularly those in their twilight years. The farm is on the northern outskirts of Brisbane, and to see the devastation was truly heartbreaking. Fortunately, most of the dogs were still safely in foster care over the Christmas break, but the rebuilding process will take some time, and quite a bit of money. Best Friends Animal Rescue do an amazing job helping animals in need, so if you'd like to learn more about the fantastic work they do, head on over here.

As I mentioned in my last post, the profits from my Etsy shop for the remainder of January will be donated to charity. So many people will be needing help in the coming months, but my aim is to also help the animals who have suffered so terribly. So, here's my latest painting, which will has just been added to my shop:



Sea Coral III in Denim

Oh, and some very exciting news - my fabulous new printer arrived yesterday! I'll now be able to produce my fine art, archival-quality prints in-house, which makes life much easier. New works will be added to my Etsy shop over the next week, so please check it out - it's for a very good cause. And for those of you who have already purchased artwork - thank you so much. Your generosity will make the world of difference.

Ok, that's it from me today. Thanks for bearing with me over the past couple of weeks, and for your wonderful emails and words of support. I know I've said it before, but this community we have here is truly special. Before I go, I can't help but mention some really exciting things that I'll be sharing with you very soon. You know how it is - I just can't resist a good teaser!

9 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this one Kerri! So I've just bought it (I hope you don't mind) I think it's soooo beautiful and I love the colour so much. That is so good of you to work with the poor QLD doggies :( I hope things are starting to look up again in Brissy etc.
    Have a great afternoon,
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so sweet, thinking of others during this time!
    You picture is beautiful! I've been thinking of you a lot lately! Hang in there my friend!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say HI Kerri. Keep smiling and take care. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you a gem for helping out the pooches. My first thoughts are often with the poor animals who cannot help themselves. They rely on us to do the right thing for them.
    Your artwork is great - I just love the colour. How exciting to have a new fancy printer!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry to hear of the devastation. it seems like it always brings a community closer. God bless all of you and give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous as usual kerri.....
    just so beautiful!

    so horrendous in queensland....
    i have been reading on-line news here all morning in england...and being so far away just makes it so much harder to swallow....
    the tears have been flowing at this end pretty hard today....

    yes- the blogging community -esp in australia has been incredible- you girls in the thick of it particularly so....thank you from this aussie family to far away to be touched geographically but very much emotionally...

    melissa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so great that you are doing this through your shop and what a wonderful way to help out with the animals, I pray that things are starting to come back together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for helping the animals :-) They're sometimes forgotten in times of crisis, but they need love & help & support too!

    Your newest painting is beautiful - love that shade of blue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Animals often get little attention during tragedies... you're so good to remind everyone that they're in need too. Beautiful new work :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails